All the benefits of an organic fertiliser together with added plant available silica for enhanced plant nutrient uptake, stronger plant cells while buffering environmental extremes allowing increased plant resilience. Highly effective in sandy soil.
While most operators understand the benefits of composted chicken manure through enhanced soil carbon, microbiology, natural slow release nutrients; the role of Silica in plant performance, soil microbiology/chemistry and resilience to environmental stress is beginning to be better understood.
Silica in enhanced plant performance
• Stronger cell walls
• Healthier, thicker leaves
• Enhanced root activity
• Increased flower numbers and pollen production
• Higher fruit sugar content
Silica in enhanced soil microbiology / chemistry
• Improved cation exchange
• Natural anti-fungal properties
• Increased nutrient availability
• Harbourage for microbes
Silica in enhanced environmental stress resistance
• Retains up to 120% volume of moisture– natural water bank
• Help offset effects of heavy metal and salinity
• Stronger roots / leaves for increased moisture capture/retention
• Stronger healthier plants increase resistance to disease/pest attack
Not all Silica is the same (Total vs Plant Available)
Not all Silica is the same – look further than total silica results. Only plant available Silica is readily absorbed by plants, the remainder may remain locked away in the soil.
Silica Booster contains Diatomaceous Earth, a naturally Silica Booster contains Diatomaceous Earth; a rare, naturally occurring source plant available Silica.